Georgian Bay was charted by Captain Henry W. Bayfield of the Royal Navy in 1822, he named the area after King George IV. The area of Georgian Bay located in the District of Muskoka was formed on January 1st, 1971 due to the amalgamation of several regional governments. The District of Muskoka portion of Georgian Bay includes many of the tens of thousands of islands that dot the uneven shoreline. In 1991 there were 2,069 permanent residents and 14,238 seasonal.
SEARCH in Georgian Bay by area click on red dots BELOW on the map or search by subject click LEFT on the text
| Muskoka Lakes | Huntsville
| Bracebridge | Gravenhurst
| Lake of Bays
Accommodations | Activities & Attractions | Clubs | Community | Shopping & Services
Home | Restaurants | Winter Activities | History | Muskoka Events
Disclaimer. Copyright © 2000-2016 visitmuskoka and its licensors. All rights reserved. Any comments or questions about viewing this site contact